Work Cell Operations –
Automation Beyond Machine Tending
Work Cell Operations by Fastems
Automating stand-alone machine tools and other manually operated workstations
Plan, control and monitor automated and non-automated work cells with one software
Automatic and predictive scheduling and full transparency of manufacturing operations
Work Cell Operations is suitable for anyone – whether you have a Fastems system or not
Start or extend with WCO
What is WCO?
Work Cell Operations (WCO) is an addition to Fastems’ Manufacturing Management Software (MMS) – a single software that can be extended with different modules if wanted. WCO brings unique Fastems features like automatic and predictive scheduling and full transparency of manufacturing operations to stand-alone machine tools and other manually operated workstations. Offered at several levels of integration and application, WCO ensures the comfort and practicality of a customer’s operations and goals.
Benefits of WCO
- It’s effortless to plan, control and monitor the status and output of stand-alone machines and other manually operated workstations
- You get full transparency of the manufacturing process of a workpiece and are able to manage the factory with just one software
- The production manager’s time is freed from having to do the manual part of production planning work
- By order management, you produce the right parts at the right time based on actual needs
- Operators have clear prioritized work lists and easy access to production documents and instructions
- Derived from the key benefits above, WCO increases device utilization, production output, delivery reliability, improves quality, and decreases lead times and work-in-progress (WIP)
To name a few, WCO goes with:
• machining centers
• quality and inspection
• manual deburring work stations
Interested to learn more? Contact us to see how we can automate your work cell stations.