METAV WEBsessions: “Let’s talk about innovation”Webinar
Until METAV reloaded in March 2021, METAV organiser VDW (Verein Deutscher Werkzeugmaschinenfabriken), Frankfurt am Main, will be inviting visitors to the METAV WebSessions every month under the motto “Let’s talk about innovation”. From 19 to 20 January, the LIVE presentations by the various companies will focus on everything to do with tools.
We are there and our topic is:
Tool Management in Four Levels
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2021
Time: 11 AM CEST
Duration: 30 minutes presentation & 15 minutes Q&A
Sami Pohjolainen | Product Manager
As the product manager of Fastems robotics applications with a main focus on our tool automation offering, Sami Pohjolainen aims to help customers understand cutting tool related processes. His main goal is to narrow in on problems from an automation point of view in order to achieve high machine tool utilization and constant production quality. With his background in machinery industries, Pohjolainen has worked in various product management and development positions for 17 years.
Through increasing machining complexity and product variants, cutting tool management has become one of the biggest time thieves on the shop floor. Efficient machine tending processes alone do not help if the cutting tools form a bottleneck for production. Cutting tool management increases the shop efficiency and production quality. Fastems has been solving manufacturers’ cutting-tool-related productivity challenges since 1997 and is now presenting the big ‘how’ and ‘why’ of tool automation with practical examples.
In this LIVE-WEBsession Sami will showcase the approach on enabling cutting tools to be shared among multiple machines with examples:
- How to minimize redundancy and eliminate the need to dedicate tools for each machine?
- How to minimize operator interaction with tool changes, and enable more efficient labor usage while eliminating tool loading errors?
- How to reduce the sizes of machine tool magazines and generate savings on sister tools?
- Cutting tools forming a bottleneck: problems and challenges
- The best tool management practices
- How tool automation practically works
- The benefits of tool automation