Fastems delivers intelligent factory automation solutions around cutting machine tools and related processes. We are a family-owned business with 40 years of automation experience, over 4000 installations and main markets in Europe, North-America and Asia. Our mission is to help metalworking manufacturers improve their productivity and profitability.
Globally, there are already almost 450 of us learning, growing and prospecting together. At Fastems you get to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, so every day is an opportunity to learn something new. You can check some of our career stories here: https://www.fastems.com/careers
We are looking for a new
Installation Technician – Mechanics
to join us in finding solutions for manufacturing automation installations. Although you will have the support of your colleagues, you need to be able to make decisions independently, and efficiently interpret mechanical designs. Traveling will play a large role in your position. System installations of Fastems are carried out in customer facilities globally.
You are the person we are looking for if you are especially skilled in mechanical installation with welding know-how. We also expect you to be customer oriented, flexible and a team player. To our customers, you are the face of Fastems, which means working at sites need to be executed with the utmost precision and care. Complying company’s safety guidelines and procedures are self-evident to you. We would also appreciate you to be proactive, trustworthy and out-going.
What you need to succeed in this position
- The willingness to travel, as the position demands an estimated 200 travel days a year
- Interpretation skills of drawings as well as knowledge of techniques and different tools
- You master different welding methods and you have the competence of a welder
- Background from mechanics, for instance industrial service and maintenance
- Prior knowledge about FMS, robotics or different industrial storage installations are seen as a major advantage
- Fluency in English and Finnish
- Experience using a PC
We can offer you
- A versatile role, with us you can create meaningful work that will innovate the world of manufacturing
- Flexible and agile work environment in a family owned business
- Fastems’ strong company culture expressed through our values
- Growth possibilities through our development programs
- A chance to travel and work internationally – we have customers in Europe, North America and Asia
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits
Interested in joining us #fastemsians?
Send in your application together with your CV via the Fastems online recruitment tool by June 30th the latest. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.