Tool Data Management
Tool data manager completes the functionality of NC program library and tool checking module by providing the following data structures:
- Tool base data: This data specifies characteristics of each tool type. Parameters needed in presetting as well as machine tool specific parameters are specified here.
- Data of assembled tools: Each assembled tool is registered. Part of this data is the offset values (active geometry) as well as tool location (presetting, machine tool x pot yy)
- Postprocessor type files for the tool presetter to indicate what should be presetted and as a return from the presetter similar files that include active geometry of the presetted tools.
Tool data management provides the following functions
- Tool data download to machine tool controller (=offset values)
- Generation of tool preset data for the tool presetter
- Maintenance of tool base data structures
In tool base data the tool type identification need not to be the same as the T code of the tool in tool magazine. This module adapts to the tool management concepts and structures of the machine tool.
Tool data management is designed to be used in co-operation with a tool presetter. However, it is also possible to use this module without an integrated tool presetter. In this case, the user is responsible to input tool geometry data manually.